Monday, September 25, 2006

God, please have mercy on us...

It's come to a point where that's all I can say.

See, I'm a fixer. What I mean by that is that when I see something wrong, I want to go do something about it and if I can't it drives me nuts.

I'm getting there again. And all I can do is pray for God's mercy and grace.

There is no end to things I could publish on this blog. And I'm sure I could get lots of traffic by publishing all the things that are definitely wrong with today's "Christianity" -- if it is safe to call it that.

Jesus Christ is Lord. His Word is the supreme rule of our lives, both individually and corporately. We are to read His Word and then do it. Obedience is not the same as legalism, regardless of the claims of those who seek to be free of God's revealed will.

I remember a former pastor of mine from 8 years ago. He was going through Revelation. He was reading the blessing out of the first chapter of the book. The problem is, he only read half of it. "Blessed is he who reads this book...". He left out "...and obeys it".

But that is so common today. It's "My will be done" not "Thy Will Be Done". We are falling for the oldest lie in history, the one from the Garden..."we can be like God".

What triggered all this? There are two posts at "Slice" that came up tonight. Here's the second one.

As I said in a post there, what can we do about this? What can I do about this? Scream like an idiot from the rooftops?

I remember the Psalm that reads "When the foundations are being destroyed what can the righteous do?"

But then there's the verse that follows it..."The Lord sits on His heavenly throne..." God is still in charge.

Remember Matthew 7:21ff. There will be many on that day who expect to enter Heaven. But they will be cast out as those who acted as if God never gave them His law.

As was said elsewhere on Slice, "Choose this day whom you will serve".

The lines are being drawn. All we can do is choose which side to stand on.

Lord, I ask for your mercy and grace. Help us to have wisdom and discernment in these dark days. Help us just to stand. In a day when we still would really like the approval of those around us, help us to remember that we should prefer your favor. Help us to remain faithful.

I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ my Lord.

2 comments:

His Kid said...

I second your prayer brother!

Spend a lot of time in the role of watchman sounding the warning but often folks just don't "get it" and I spend most of my time feeling like I might as well be talking to the wall.

There are those that will defend various deviant dogma's, seeker sensitive junk, et al to the death.

Sad really. They must really have no love for the truth.

His Kid said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.