Friday, June 20, 2008

Who Do Ya Love, Baby?

If someone were to be watching you, what would they say you love? Better yet, if you were to write down every thought you had and how you handled it, what would that say about you and what you really love?

We all know them. They used to be called "girl watchers". You know, the ones who are married and say "Yeah, I love my wife, but I love to look at other women".

What would you say about that person's love for his wife? I'm thinking you'd probably not have much of anything positive to say. His words and actions betray his claim to love his wife, doesn't it?

We are told by Jesus that we are to love God with all our heart, soul, and mind. We are to give it 100%. Furthermore, we are told we are to love our neighbors as ourselves. In other words, do for them what we would do for ourselves. Help them in times of need.

But loving our neighbor is really only a subset of how we show love for God.

How's your thought life? Do you claim to love the lord but would have to admit that you put a higher priority on other things? "Yeah, I love God but you gotta have a little fun too"? What?

Do you set aside time for God's Word on a daily basis? Do you weigh your thoughts before God's Law?

I caught myself thinking about this lately, and I thought I'd pass it on to you.

Thanks for reading!