Sunday, February 10, 2008

For My Wife

It's 12:30am now and I simply cannot sleep. My mind races sometimes, and this is one of them. While I was trying to get to sleep, I was giving thanks to God for Jackie, my wife. The Lord was so good to give her to me.

She has been through so much during my spiritual struggles. She has stuck with me even when I didn't think I could go on. She has shown love to me even when I didn't deserve it, which has been often. She has shown me how to love others better...she is so self-sacrificial.

Even though we lack nothing, she is happy with little. She is a lesson in contentment. Material things mean little to her, but she enjoys what I get her. She values life and love and friends over "stuff".

She is tender, compassionate and understanding. The things I so often lack. She cuts slack when I struggle to do so. Yet, there are times she encourages me to face a difficulty I'd rather ignore.

We've been through unemployment, underemployment and times of overabundance. Times when we could save money hand over fist and times when we didn't have money until a client made a late payment at just the right time. God has been good to us. But God has been especially good to me for giving me Jackie.

Honey, I love you. I always will. Thank you for choosing to spend your life with me.

Love,

Tim

No comments: