Thursday, November 02, 2006

What's Going On Right Now...

Well, for some reason, my employer gave me six days off. Not sure why but I'm not arguing with it. I had asked for tomorrow off because I go to the hospital tonight for a sleep study. We're trying to see if I have sleep apnea. In tonight at 9:15pm and out tomorrow morning. Besides that, it gives me the opportunity to help mom take care of dad. Which is the next update.

This is my second day off in a row. And my routine for this "break" is to stop by and help mom get dad up and help her with other things she might need. Today he seems awfully rough. His breathing is very labored. He has a doctor's appointment at 2pm but we're wondering if he'll be able to go. I imagine we'll end up calling the doctor and I'm thinking he'll end up telling us to get him to the e.r. again. Not good. He's tired of being in the hospital.

So, we'll wait and see. I'm very concerned that his heart is failing. Last August 17th the doctor gave him 6 months to a year without heart surgery. Of course, he could last longer -- or not.

Thanks for your ongoing prayers. If the Lord is calling dad home, His will be done. There is a sense in which I think that is happening. It may be that the Lord is allowing me to spend some last time with him. Only the Lord knows. But I'm not going to hang around him and send off those kind of signals. Dad isn't showing signs of giving up. Besides, I'm only three blocks away from him here at home; a 5 minute walk.

In the name of diversion, I've been working on a humorous graphic which pictures the "Devolution of Christianity". Think "Homo Sapiens In Reverse". It will involve a "complete the subtitles" contest. Winner gets a pile of tracts from Ray Comfort's "Livingwaters.com". So, get your quick wits ready!

Again, thanks for your prayers. This past year has been tough but the Lord is faithful.

No comments: