Thursday, November 02, 2006

More on dad...

Well, dad made it to the doctor today. He was having problems breathing (heart function). It all boils down to this:

He's been given a medication to help him breathe better. We're giving it a week. If it doesn't help by then, dad has a decision to make; either go to the hospital and get help, or stay home (which would be tantamount to giving up).

My mind is kind of going into "pause" mode. It's difficult because I want to "do something" but there isn't a thing I can do. I'm simply available if mom needs help.

It's tough because I have things I could say but don't want to send the wrong signals. I don't want him giving up. I don't want to lead him to believe I'm expecting him to die. Mom wants him to go to the hospital but he's so dirt tired of being there. He'd have greater physical comfort there but less psychological comfort. Tradeoffs.

So, if you don't see much going on here you'll know why.

Thanks for your prayers at this difficult time.

Blessings to all of you,

Tim

No comments: