Saturday, November 04, 2006

As God Cleans House

You have to wonder just how far this will go. In addition to Ted Haggard, now we have Kent Hovind found guilty of tax evasion.

Don't be mistaken: God is using the unredeemed to begin cleansing His Church. We don't seem to care to do it ourselves.

I'm not, in any way, rejoicing in the misery of Haggard or Hovind. I'm upset, yes, but this is nothing I'd wish on anyone. But I am wondering. How many pastors this week or next, in light of what has been going on, well start preaching simple obedience to God's Word? Even more pointed, how many will start stressing practical accountability and obedience in the local church?

Beloved, this is being paraded before an unbelieving world. How many unsaved were convinced by the Haggard story that Christianity is a joke? And now, just try quoting Kent Hovind when you try to argue creationism to an unbeliever!

How far must God go to purge His Church before we fall on our knees and repent of sin on our own? I don't recall who said this but "God may work slowly but he will grind exceedingly small".

Pastors and other leaders, preach the Word. Quit being concerned about what others may think. Only one thing matters and that is what God thinks.

Should this continue I'll be looking for house churches to become more popular. It's going to be harder and harder to identify with mainline evangelicalism, which is now suffering "as an evildoer" It ostensably cares so much for "seekers" but doesn't seem to have one speck of regard for God's Standards for holiness in the Body of Christ. And I don't care to associate with that. My guess is that many others will come to that conclusion as well.

4 comments:

Tim Brown said...

Thank you Ken!

Anonymous said...

Tim, you said "And now, just try quoting Kent Hovind when you try to argue creationism to an unbeliever!" How true! I've watched some of the Hovind debates where he articulated the case of creationism quite well. I guess some of those who opposed him will believe that his law breaking destroys the integrity of his arguments. That's a shame.

I'm glad there is other good material on creationism out there. I was cutting my creationism teeth on Dr. Henry Morris' works long before I heard of brother Hovind.

Renee said...

Thank you Brother Tim. I too have been thinking that the Lord is definitely cleaning house and He is using the unregenerate (since professing Christians fail to share the truth of the Gospel with them) to clean out the church. You will be in my prayers (as is Pastor Ken). The days will not get easier and we need strong MEN (and women) in the faith to speak clearly and proclaim the truth of Gods word.

Tim Brown said...

Renee:

thank you for your prayers and encouragement. I just pray that God will help me be useful and faithful. I'm certinly not perfect, just perfectly fed up!