Sunday, October 08, 2006

What's going on right now...

Praise God for the fact that I could attend church today. Since I work every other weekend, this is a real joy to me. I hate missing fellowship on Sunday.

_________________

I'm continuing to read "Above All Earthly Pow'rs" by Wells. Trust me. Right now I'm in chapter one and I expect to finish it today or tomorrow. Right now, it's about learning how we view things. How nature and culture are interelated. How the "external world" invades us. And how we need to be familiar with it but also remember it has its dangers, just like "turkish delight".

He's discussing the Enlightenment, Moderism and Postmodernism and how we are wanting what God gives us without having God. (My paraphrase). We want to be god on our own, thank you.

And the "cosmos" is invading how we think, which shapes life.

I'll read and post more later. I might be making a correction to the above.


_________________

Our worship pastor announced his impending resignation effective in two weeks. Not sure what happened. But he said something about worship styles, mixed services (we have an early traditional and a later contemporary one) and hurt feelings. I don't know where to take that. I do know that, per a publication from our church that was given me after I joined, he has been doing alot of reading on the Emergent church and a charismatic systematic theology. No way to know if this is an indication of being supportive of the Emergent mess or if it was just wanting to know about it. So, I won't speculate.

I pray God's blessing on him.

No comments: