Thursday, December 13, 2007

*Update* Rick Warren Gets Set Straight

From Apprising Ministries:

"In a World Net Daily piece called Rick Warren: ‘I always own up to my mistakes’ we’re told that, "Many false claims, [Warren] contended, have taken on a life of their own on Internet blogs, such as assertions he was mentored by positive-thinking pastor Robert Schuller."


Then Purpose Driven Pope Rick Warren says: "I’ve only met Robert Schuller twice, I believe. I’ve never had a one-on-one conversation with him. Not once. So how do I even know him?" The WND story goes on to inform us:



Warren said some criticism is simply baseless, charging many "don’t do their due diligence on research." The Robert Schuller "mentorship," for example, likely originated with a statement the Crystal Cathedral pastor made on CNN’s "Larry King Live"… The claim was furthered by author George Mair in a biography of Warren called "A Life with Purpose" then spread like wildfire among Internet blogs."



Well, Mr. Warren I certainly don’t want to be one of those who don’t "do their due diligence on research." However, it sure appears to be Rick Warren who needs to be set straight because here’s what Robert Schuller’s Hour of Power website says right now:"



Click here to continue.

2 comments:

Coram Deo said...

I sent an e-mail to WND editor Joseph Farah and the three part interview writer Art Moore pointing out several of "Pastor" Rick's defective statements, false assertions, and blatant lies.

I directed them to the Extreme Theology and Sliceoflaodicea blogs which have done the truth a service by researching and exposing Rick Warren's purpose driven deception.

Praise be to the Lord that I received a reply from Mr. Moore stating that there "will be follow up" to the 3-part interview series.

I deeply appreciate men like Joseph Farah and his crack team at WND who aren't afraid to call a spade a spade and who don't take kindly to Rick Warren's clumsy efforts to dupe them and their readership.

Stephen said...

At first I thought it was a weak-kneed interview, but as I continued to read, I realized that Rick was comfortable in answering questions that, if asked "differently" he may not have devulged such lengthy answers. So, i'm glad to hear that a follow-up will...follow-up!

I've been enjoying Drew Kerr's articles at the biblicalthought.com blog. He has a new one about Warren's recent WalMart/Salvation Army advertisement. See:

http://biblicalthought.com/blog/

Coram Deo, I'm with you on the worldnetdaily team, I especially liked their Murdoch/Warren piece!