Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Are Evangelical Pulpits About to Praise Islam?

Jan Markell has a good read over at Christian Worldview Network. This is kind of a follow up to a post I made months ago.

About the only thing I'll add to this is that this would come as no surprise. Evangelicalism has become a mere shell of religion, having little or nothing to do with Biblical Christianity. This has come to pass, at least in part, because of what has been referred to as a "fatal meltdown" through the influence of "leaders" such as T.D. Jakes, Brian McLaren and others. It's a "DUH" thing; if you don't have something definite to believe, you'll fall for anything. And what passes as "evangelicalism" has come to a point where it will fall for anything. I've seen it first hand and I'm sure many of you have as well. This is the reason why I still say, as I have said before, "I'm sick and tired of being associated with a "Christianity" that does not seem to care one whit about holiness or obedience to God's Word. Let me say this as perfectly clear as I can: I believe that "Christianity" in America is nearly totally apostate. Why? We have abandoned the vision of the Holiness and Fear of God."

And once you don't care about the Holiness of God, truth doesn't matter either. So, again I say "Is Jan's question really a surprising one?"

You can read Jan Markell's article here.

No comments: