Thursday, April 17, 2008

No Comment?

Just wanted to explain what has happened here at the blog. I have (at least temporarily) disabled comments.

Why?

Simple.

No, not because of trolls. It's easy enough to just ignore them and not post what they have to say. Other reasons perhaps? I thought of a few but I can't remember them and no, they weren't it either.

The reason has to do with checking my own motivation for what I post. Am I doing this for Kudos? To stir up disconent? I don't think so, but I think at this time in my blogging life, I'd rather just run a test.

This blog began as many have. Just a way to say what I think. It's a record of what I have read, encountered and thought. It is mainly for myself and that is very easy to forget.

I know, I know, a blog that doesn't allow comments is less "interesting". But that's ok. That, again, is part of the "test".

The temptation sometimes can be "What can I say next to get an 'amen' from someone". I didn't start this blog for hat purpose and I don't want it to be that way.

I hope you all can appreciate my point.

So, for those of you who have submitted comments recently, understand that it is, at least in part, due to the fact that I have been thinking of just shutting down the comment section. That's all. It's a way for me to evaluate my motives. "What am I really doing this for anyway".

For those of you who would offer an encouraging word while this period goes on, just take those words and offer them to the Lord and ask Him to give me strength and wisdom. I need it. There have been a few things going on that have been a challenge in my life (and my wife's). Yes, we're ok. But life just sometimes is a challenge.

Again, this is not a "rejection of what everyone thinks". It is, for me, a serious time of reflection and re-evaluation. And I think that is, at least periodically, a good thing.

Thanks for your faithful reading and I covet your prayers.

Tim