Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Proud but Ashamed


Excuse me for an entry or two. I generally don't get political because I believe that the Kingdom of God is infinitely more important than anything on this temporary little planet. Although I don't do enough of it, personal evangelism comes incalculably far ahead of national loyalty. But sometimes, you have just had enough.

I love America. I love the Biblical ideals and beliefs our country was founded on. I am proud of those who gained and have fought for our freedom. I am the proud son of my late father who risked his life at Normandy and other places to maintain our freedom.

But I am ashamed. Tonight my wife, mother and I watched the fireworks in New York on television. As I sat there, I couldn't help but think of George H. W. Bush (for whom I voted twice, as did my dad) laughing at what we are celebrating. He is, after all, ramming the "New America" down our throats.
Seems that he can't get enough of the idea of erasing our borders and turning us all into one big CanAmeriCo. I'm ashamed of him and his ilk, including Trent Lott, who recently came out in the open about the voice of the average American.

It was back in the early 70's that I remember a bumper sticker that said "America: My Country. Love It Or Leave It". I thought that was kind of arrogant and pushy back then. Now, I wonder if it isn't kind of appropriate to dig those up and dust them off.

What is behind this? As I am sure many would agree, God is doing precisely what we, as a nation, have told Him to do; leave us alone. It's like the video on the school shootings I found on YouTube. God is letting us go. He (the One True God) is no longer welcome here.

Yeah, I voted for President Bush. Twice. So did my dad -- the second time was four days before his death, via absentee ballot while he lay dying in the hospital. My main reason was that he is pro-life, which I obviously support. But I'm starting to suspect that this was just a short-term issue for him. His long term goal is to dissolve our nation. Once that occurs, everything else will follow.

It's how dictatorships work, you know.

Yeah, I'm upset. And I'm sorry to say that this is a bittersweet Fourth of July. Tonight what I saw I considered a facade; a cover -- an appeasement to the American people as our own "representatives" sell us down the river.

I'll close with the words my own 83 year old mother spoke this evening. "All we can do is pray. Pray for our country."

I couldn't agree more.

1 comment:

His Kid said...

I completely agree with you sadness over the obvious coming demise of our once great nation!

But don't fret brother!

It is all part of the plan that God laid out before the foundation of the World.

Coming is the "time of Jacob's trouble" and for the Anti-Christ to come on the scene we must have a one world government and a one world church that has "horns like a lamb but speaks like a dragon".

We are seeing the late stages of this being set up but be encouraged! It all means Jesus is returning soon!