Sunday, March 04, 2007

The Future of the Church

John MacArthur has proven time and again that he is willing to stand for the truth. In this video clip, he is no different. Do we have distress over the current state of the church? Yes. But we realize that even in the midst of the Purpose Driven, Seeker Sensitive, Emergent mess God is still in charge and is still calling people to be His own.

I believe that Rick Holland is the guy holding the microphone. Great to see him again. I attended Logos Bible Institute at Grace Church with him back in 82-3, and he's the guy who turned me on to grits and eggs. He's aging very "gracefully", although his Tennessee accent has faded a bit....

2 comments:

Robert Coss said...

Do you want to hear something weird? What are the chances of typing “what year did Rick Holland finish logos bible institute” into Google and finding anything? Not to good. How about “Rick Holland logos bible institute”? Well it landed me on your site at this page and I found my answer. I was trying to pinpoint what years I was at Logos. Your testimony is interesting! I would like to hear more. I have my Logos transcript signed for a few classes by T. Brown which I think is Tom Brown. In fact I know because I looked his name up in the photo album we had made and remember him. I don’t see your name though, but maybe you can fill me in. I only attend part of the semester and finished up in the next years class, so you probably don’t remember me. Any well, I hope you are well, because I am confident that He who began a good work in you will perfect it!

Tim Brown said...

Hi Robert!

Yes, I remember Tom Brown...but you're right, I don't remember you. I was always more or less off to myself although I do remember a few names. If you remember Eric Ely, I recently found him and actually was able to see him again a number of weeks ago.

Why not send me an email? My address is tjbrown527@comcast.net.