Friday, October 24, 2008

Here's Some Help. . .

In light of yesterday's post, I thought that maybe it would be good to include a follow-up. And a good follow-up for that post would be something that provides some tools to get you going in the real battle.

One of my main tools are tracts. No, not the old dry "chick" tracts. Not the stereotypical tracts from the American Tract Society although they are sometimes good. I mean something that disarms and informs with the Biblical Gospel.

In a moment, I'll give a couple links. One is to the front side of a tract I created. The second is the text that goes on the back. I have a printer that can do card stock. I print these out, cut them down and give them out. It saves me on having to order and wait. I may pay a bit more because I have to pay for ink, but then I don't have to pay shipping either. And if I run out, I don't have to wait for the UPS guy.

"Wanna see a picture of my ex? It's black and white but I'd like to show it to you."

I generally say that and give one to someone I've talked to for a few seconds, at least. I have given them to women at the check out counter. It never fails to get them to chuckle. And it always gets them to think. I gave one to a guy in the parking lot at the local "GoodWill" store recently. He laughed out loud when he saw the front but as I walked away, he was reading the back very intently.

So, are you ready? Wanna see a picture of my ex? Here's the front. Here's the back. Print on both sides and cut it down. Four per sheet. Card stock is best of course (durability) but plain paper is better than nothing.

Wanna see a picture of me on a cruise? Or how about a man eating fish? I have those too. I'll get them online later along with whatever new stuff I put together.

Other ideas? Get some "Postit" note pads and scribble "www.needgod.com" by hand on a bunch of sheets as if you are writing a note to yourself. Go to a place where there are public access computers. Leave one stuck to the monitor. Let people see that and wonder what they are missing. Leave them at the drive through at the local McDonalds. You know, on the ledge of the shelf at the drive through window so the next customer will see it. And give some tracts to the employee. Better yet, do as this young woman does!

Again, the battle we fight is spiritual, not carnal. We are in a spiritual war for the souls of lost men and women, not a carnal war over the protection of our "rights".

May we be proven faithful.

No comments: