Friday, November 17, 2006

Thank You

As I write this, I'm not sure what words to type. But I do wish to express my thanks to those of you who have been praying for me and my family. Times are hard, but God is faithful. The adversary likes to kick us while we're down, but God always helps us through.

It is tough to let go of my father, but I have to. And I'll eventually get to the point where I realize it is ok to do so.

I'm reminded of a story once of a pastor who lost his mother. He was at his desk working and someone asked why he was able to carry on. His response was, simply, "Well, you don't mourn someone who has gone to the store knowing you'll see them again, and this is no different."

It is true that it is only a temporary separation. And if he could talk to me, he'd tell me he wants me to get on with my life.

Furthermore, I can hear him tell me that the Lord "will never leave you nor forsake you". Over the years as I expressed my doubts to him, he'd remind me of that.

Although it hurts to do so, it's time to move on. Slowly at first, but one step at a time. One day at a time.

It seems that the words "rise up and walk" have been going through my mind repeatedly this morning. And I intend to do so.

Praise God for His mercy and grace.

No comments: