Tuesday, October 27, 2009

An Interesting Irony for Atheists

Just got this from Living Waters via email. I love it.:

"An Interesting Irony

Atheists in New York are beginning a comprehensive billboard campaign "designed to raise awareness about people who don't believe in a god." The billboards will say "A million New Yorkers are good without God? Are you?" I called the organizers and left a message for John Rafferty the President of Secular Humanist Society of New York. I said who I was, told him that I loved these signs, and that they were reminding people about God. I told him to keep up the good work and that I hoped we could meet one day and have lunch. They may as well put up billboards that say, 'Don't think about God!' Atheists have been going into Amazon.com and giving my version of On Origin of Species a one star rating to discourage people from getting it, saying things like 'Don't get this book!' Tell any human being not to do something, and he will do the opposite. It's (unregenerate) human nature to do so."

No comments: